You can choose 5 red or 5 blue replacement balloons for your Moniri Otovent device. The green balloon from the original pack is not available to repurchase separately as it is a low pressure balloon used to acclimatise your child to the technique.
The Moniri Otovent balloons contain latex. Consult your physician before using the product if you or your child are allergic to latex. Discontinue use and consult your physician if you experience allergic symptoms.
Keep out of the reach of children. The treatment of children should always be supervised by an adult. Never use toy balloons as they do not give the proper inflation pressure and may cause the treatment to fail.
Some people suffer from frequent anterior nosebleeds. The condition is a nuisance but harmless, any manipulation of the nose may provoke an episode (nose-blowing, nose-picking or balloon inflation). Usually the condition can easily be cured after a visit to the ENT doctor.
The mask and components can be gently rinsed with water or a damp cloth if required. Discard used balloons when they have been in use for 1 week of treatment. Disposal should be made according to local environmental procedures.
Protect the balloons against light when not in use by keeping the balloons in the dark bag provided.
Warnings and precautions
The balloons contain LATEX. Consult a physician before use if yourself or your child are allergic to latex. Cease treatment and consult a physician if you or your child experience allergic symptoms.
The balloons contain corn starch.
The balloons should be kept out of the reach of children and the treatment should always be supervised by an adult.
Only use the Moniri Otovent balloons with the device.
Only inflate the balloon until its the size of a grapefruit as larger volumes may lower the balloon pressure.
It is recommended to consult a physician before commencing treatment with Moniri Otovent in case the child suffers from allergy, cranial facial abnormalities, asthma, active otological disease or underlying systemic disease.
Why use Moniri Otovent?
Moniri Otovent can be used to equalise a negative middle ear pressure. This condition is caused by Eustachian tube dysfunction and may follow after an upper respiratory tract infection, an episode of acute otitis media or during a flight. If not resolved, Eustachian tube dysfunction can lead to secretory otitis media (also known as otitis media with effusion or glue ear). If left untreated, this condition may lead to a sensation of heaviness and impaired hearing.
Who can use Moniri Otovent?
Moniri Otovent can be used by children from 2+. The treatment of children should always be supervised by an adult. For single patient use only.
How does the Moniri Otovent method work?
The Moniri Otovent method provides the pressure required to open the Eustachian tube to help equalise the middle ear pressure, ventilate the effusion and achieve symptom relief.
How often and how long should Moniri Otovent be used?
The treatment period lasts for 4 weeks with 20 inflations per session twice a day.
When should Moniri Otovent not be used?
Moniri Otovent should not be used during an episode of acute otitis media and / or upper respiratory tract infection.
How do I use Moniri Otovent?
- Assemble Moniri Otovent with the green balloon for training.
- Adapt the mask to your own nose and inflate the green balloon in order to show the child how the treatment is performed.
- Place the face mask to the child’s face covering both the nose and the mouth. The child may assist in holding the face mask in position.
- Ask the child to inflate the balloon while helping to hold the mask tight to the face in order to create an airtight seal.
- Only inflate the balloon until it is the size of a grapefruit.
- When required, assist the child by squeezing the teddy’s belly to pump air.
- When the procedure is correctly performed the balloon will inflate.
- Inflate the balloon 20 times. Lift the face mask between each inflation.
Which balloon shall be used?
By changing the balloon 3 different inflation pressures can be achieved with Moniri Otovent~:
- Green balloon (20cm H2O): Only for training and to become familiar with using the device.
- Blue balloon (40cm H2O): For standard treatment that most users will achieve a clinical effect with.
- Red balloon (60cm H2O): In some children it may be necessary to use the red balloon to achieve the desired clinical effect. In the event an initial effect is not experienced with the balloon, it is still recommended to continue with the 4 week treatment cycle.
A clinical effect can be classified as one of the following:
- Hearing or sensation of a crackling sound in one or both ears.
- Sensation of moving air or water in the ear.
- Mild transient discomfort in one or both ears (this sensation will decrease with subsequent inflations).
Non-verbal cues expressed by the child can also indicate an effect. These non-verbal cues can be in the form of but not limited to:
- Placing a finger into the ear canal or desire to touch the ear.
- Abrupt change in facial expression – startled (wide eyed), smiling or even confused.
- Increased interest in using the device again.
Delivery & Returns
If your order is placed between Monday and Friday before 12 noon (GMT), it will be dispatched the same day. Orders placed outside this time will be dispatched within 1 working day.
Our postage costs have all been calculated by weight and size, to ensure we offer you the most competitive rate possible.
Read more below about delivery to your region:
- UK Royal Mail 1st Class: Expected to arrive in 1 working day
- UK Royal Mail Signed: Tracked delivery expected to arrive in 1 working day
- Free DHL Courier for orders over £50: Tracked courier deliver expected to arrive in 1 working day
It can take up to 3 weeks for our internationally delivered orders to arrive, however experience has told us that it’s usually a much shorter time frame. In some instances, your order may be split into multiple packages to ensure a speedy delivery. In some instances we may not be able to offer you standard international delivery either because of your order quantity or region. In these circumstances we ask you to contact us directly.
In the unlikely event that there’s a problem with your order we are of course more than happy to help. Please contact us before returning any orders.
Our full returns policy can be accessed from the Delivery & Returns section of our website.
- We will quickly resolve any issues you have with your order. Please get in touch
- If there is a problem with your order we will send you a pre-paid envelope for returning the item(s).
- Where there is a problem with your order we’ll be more than happy to offer you an exchange or full refund.
- Please let us know at your earliest if you no longer want your order as we will cancel prior to dispatch if possible.
- You have a period of 14 days following the placing of your order in which to request a refund. You will need to contact us before returning the order.
- You will be refunded your total order cost.
- You are responsible for returning the products to us in the original condition they were sent in. We cannot accept returns for damaged/opened products.
- A refund will be processed within 2 working days of receiving your return. Please allow up to 10 working days for the refund to appear in your bank account.
In Store Purchases
- For any orders bought in store, you will need to refer to your retailer’s return policy.
- If there is a problem with your purchase, please return the products to the point of purchase, where the retailer will be able to assist you.
- If you still encounter problems, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly.
Read more on our Delivery & Returns Page
Read more on our International Customers Page